This programming guide includes the basics for writing a sensor device driver, and describes two samples that are included with the Windows Driver Kit (WDK). The basics include considerations you'll need to make, adding support for events, managing report intervals, best practices.
- The geolocation sample driver demonstrates a sensor driver for a simulated Global Positioning System (GPS) device.
- The HID Class Driver is a complete sensor driver that supports actual hardware. This driver supports any sensor that uses the HID protocol to transmit data.
- Writing a Location Sensor Driver
- Sensor Driver Development Basics
- Supporting Ambient Light Sensors
- The Sensors Geolocation Driver Sample
- The Sensors HID Driver Sample
Build date: 11/29/2012