Windows Logo Kit
The Windows Logo Kit (WLK) contains everything needed to certify devices for Windows—Driver Test Manager (DTM), the required tests, and the documentation to help set up DTM and execute the tests.
To qualify for the Windows Logo Program, your product must pass testing with the WLK:
- For a device logo: Pass tests that verify device reliability and performance.
- For a driver quality signature: Meet all criteria for drivers, as defined in logo program requirements.
- For a system logo: All devices and drivers in the system must have device logos or driver quality signatures, and the system must pass an additional series of tests.
WLK Support from Microsoft
Microsoft provides technical support for logo program tests and tools. You must resolve any test failures before making a test submission.
- Customers with Premier support contracts: Use your technical account manager (TAM) to open support incidents.
- Customers who do not have Premier support contracts: See Windows Logo Kit support.
WLK Tools & Downloads
- DTM Filters (Errata, Contingency, and Auto-Triage)
- WLK Updated Filters
- DTM Log Viewer 184.108.40.206 [file]
- Download Windows Logo Kit 1.6
- Windows Hardware Dashboard Submission Readme Form
- Windows Logo Kit - QFE Updates
WLK Tips & Best Practices
- Audio Fidelity Testing Policy Update for Windows Vista Logo Program
- Diagnosing failures in DTM
- DTM Test Automation: Using the Device Selection Scripting Object (DSSO)
- FAQ for Windows Logo Kit Support Issues
- Logo Testing for Storage Devices blog
- Signed Driver Check Workaround for Windows Server 2008 Server System Logo Submissions
- Workaround for the Signed Driver Test in the Windows Server 2008 Failover Cluster Kit
WLK Training Videos
- How to Export and Import Audio Fidelity Test Logs [136 MB zipped; Windows Media format] [media file]
Windows Logo Kit (WLK) 1.6 Overview video
This presentation outlines the changes in the Windows Logo Kit (WLK) 1.6 and explains the roadmap for transitioning from the previous Logo Kit. This video covers the infrastructure updates for the controller, the program details, and new qualifications for the Windows Logo Kit 1.6.
Device Fundamentals Overview Presentation [1.1 MB] [PPT]
This Windows 7 Device Partner Ecosystem Summit 2009 presentation explains the purpose of device fundamentals tests, what partners need to be aware of before running these tests, and debugging tips.
Device Fundamentals Overview Video [registration required]
This Windows 7 Device Partner Ecosystem Summit 2009 video explains the purpose of device fundamentals tests, what partners need to be aware of before running these tests, and debugging tips.
Device Fundamentals Tests
For devices to qualify for the Windows logo they must meet the Device Fundamentals requirements. This webcast gives insights into the purpose of the Device Fundamentals tests and the technical attributes to keep in mind while running or debugging these tests.
Driver Test Manager Log Viewer Tool
You use the DTM Log Viewer to triage logo program test failures. This brief demonstration shows you how to download and install the DTM Logo Viewer, view passed and failed tests, and open the associated test log files.
System Fundamentals Testing
For systems to qualify for the Windows logo they must meet the System Fundamentals requirements and pass the System Fundamentals tests. This webcast defines the key components of the tests, explains policies, and provides expert tips on systems testing.
System Fundamentals Testing Presentation [1.3 MB] [PPT]
This presentation from the Windows 7 Device Partner Ecosystem Summit 2009 describes the key functionality of the System Logo tests, explains the System test policies, and describes what’s new in Client System Fundamentals tests to support Windows 7.
What's New in Windows Logo Kit (WLK) 1.5 presentations [1.3 MB] [PPT]
This presentation provides a technical overview of the Windows Logo Kit (WLK) and details the changes implemented in WLK as well as the retirement plan for WLK 1.4.