Windows Portable Devices
Windows Portable Devices (WPD) is a driver technology that supports a wide range of portable devices such as mobile phones, digital cameras, and portable media players.
WPD supplies the infrastructure to standardize data transfers between an application and a portable device that is connected to a PC that is running Windows. WPD also gives an application a uniform view of devices and their content as well as standardized mechanisms to gain access to data and to transfer data.
Portable Devices and Windows 7
Windows Portable Devices - WinHEC 2008
Portable Devices and Windows Vista
Windows Portable Devices - WPD
Media Transfer Protocol
- Building Devices with the MTP Porting Kit
- Introduction to Media Transfer Protocol (MTP)
- Media Transfer Protocol Porting Kit
- Media Transfer Protocol Specification, Version 1.1
- MTP Device Services Extension Specification
- MTP Device Services for Windows
- Windows 7 Portable Device Enabling Kit for MTP, Version 7R2
- Windows 8 Portable Device Enabling Kit for MTP