Get your desktop app compatible
Follow these steps to get your desktop app compatible and certified for Windows 8.
Learn more about compatibility
The Windows 8 and Windows Server 8 Compatibility Cookbook has tips and fixes for common issues you may encounter when getting your app compatible.
Get the SDK to build and test your app
The Windows 8 SDK contains headers, libraries, and select tools to build desktop apps. It also includes the Windows App Certification Kit, which can be used for both the Windows 8 Certification and Windows 7 Software Logo programs.
Prepare for app certification
Learn what you need to do to get your desktop app certified.
- See the four steps to get certified.
- Learn about the benefits of certification.
- Read the Certification requirements for Windows 8 desktop apps.
Submit your desktop app to the Windows Store
Companies can now register and submit their certified desktop apps for listing in the Windows Store.
- Windows Store sign-in page
- Listing your desktop app in the Store (Windows Store for developers blog)
- Windows 8 app certification requirements (additional requirements for apps submitted to the Windows Store)
See also: Start Developing with Windows 7