Guidelines for date pickers
The date picker provides a standardized way to let users pick a localized date by using touch, mouse, or keyboard input.
Use the date picker when a user needs to select a single date. The date picker is a good option for conserving real estate because the screen space used is fixed and independent of the number of choices.
- Use the DatePicker to display dates on forms or when you need to use space efficiently.
- Don't set the year range to more than 200 years. Instead, define a useful range of years by using the properties for minimum and maximum years.
- Don't use the date picker for selecting a date range.
- Don't use the date picker for performing commands, displaying other windows such as dialog boxes, or dynamically displaying other controls.
- For designers
- Quickstart: Adding a DatePicker
- Quickstart: Adding a Timepicker
- Guidelines for TimePickers
- WinJS.UI.DatePicker object
- For developers (Windows Store apps using C#/VB/C++ and XAML)
- DatePicker class