Installing a Starter Kit
- Download the
Starter Kit from MSDN after reading and agreeing to the End User License Agreement (EULA).
- Double click on the VSI file on your computer.*
- You will be prompted to select the Starter Kit you wish to install and click Next.
- On the following screen, you will be asked to verify the products to install. Click Finish
Note: You must have already installed Visual Studio or Visual Basic Express and launched one of these products at least once to create the expected folder structure prior to executing the Starter Kit VSI.
Using a Starter Kit
To use the newly installed Starter Kit, open a new project in Visual Studio or Web Site in Visual Studio.
- For Windows Applications you will see your new Starter Kit listed under Visual Basic --> Starter Kits --> My Templates when you are creating a new project.
- For New Web Sites you will see your new Starter Kit listed under Visual Studio installed templates when you are creating a new project.