Visual Studio 2005 Team Edition for Software Testers
Today's software systems are comprised of numerous distributed services, spanning platforms, protocols, and programming languages, all with significant impact on the operations environment. Moreover, teams have become increasingly specialized and geographically distributed. Successful deployment of modern solutions depends on bridging the communication gap between development and operations so that the entire IT department is represented early and often throughout the software lifecycle.
In the past, testing tools were kept separate from development tools. Testers used a separate environment and the test scripts that they wrote were stored in a separate repository from source code control. Feedback was sometimes challenging, bugs hard to trace down when separate systems were used, and performance testing was usually done after the development cycle was near complete. This added cost, time and ultimately stress to the development lifecycle. With Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 Team Edition for Software Testers, organizations can:
Reduce the complexity of testing applications by offering access to advanced testing tools and features from within the Visual Studio Integrated Development Environment (IDE) to create and run tests.
Tightly integrate testing into their software development collaboration by providing all members of a software team access to an overall shared warehouse for integrated feedback and reporting.
Customize and extend Team Test with their own current testing script and procedures and by choosing many supplemental products from key testing solution partners.
Visual Studio Team Test consists of three main areas:
- Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 Team Edition for Software Testers offers tester’s access to advanced testing tools and features from one easy location. A number of core test types—including Unit, Web, Load, and Manual tests—as well as the measurement of code coverage, are now integrated into Visual Studio 2005 making it easier then ever before for Testers to be an integral part of the development process.
- Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 Team Edition for Software Testers is tightly integrated within the Visual Studio 2005 Team System allowing Software testers to publish results to a common database, generate trend and historical reports, compare data, and determine the number and type of bugs identified as a result of testing. Deep integration into the current developer environment along with the traditional project types make it easier for all participants of the development team to access and share information.
- Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 Team Edition for Software Testers offers a rich, extensible infrastructure for customers and third-parties to build upon. Visual Studio 2005 Team Test Edition includes an infrastructure that allows for two levels of extensibility. The first is designed for individual testers and the second is designed for those who need to extend Visual Studio. By providing an open architecture, Visual Studio 2005 Team System allows for current and future test types from both internal testing staff and external partners to be added.
Requirements vary for different combinations of components within Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 Team Edition for Software Testers with MSDN Premium Subscription. To install Visual Studio 2005 Team Edition for Software Testers with MSDN Premium Subscription, we recommend:
- Computer with a 2.0 GHz or faster processor
- Visual Studio 2005 Team Edition for Software Testers with MSDN Premium Subscription can be installed on the following operating systems:
Microsoft Windows 2000 with Service Pack 4
Microsoft Windows XP with Service Pack 2
Microsoft Windows XP Professional x64 Edition (WOW)
Microsoft Windows Server 2003 with Service Pack 1
Microsoft Windows Server 2003, x64 Editions (WOW)
Microsoft Windows Server 2003 R2
Microsoft Windows Server 2003 R2, x64 Editions (WOW)
Microsoft Windows Vista
- 384 MB of RAM or more
- 2 GB of available hard-disk space
- DVD-ROM drive
- 1024x768 or higher-resolution display with 256 colors
- Keyboard and Microsoft Mouse or compatible pointing device