Enterprise content management resource center | SharePoint 2010
Enterprise Content Management (ECM) enables users to create, store, manage, apply metadata to, and discover documents and other content types across the enterprise.
Some highlights include:
- Rich media management features that support adding and managing video, audio, and images to sites and pages.
- New document management features such as the Content Organizer, Document ID and DocIDService, and Document Sets that make it easier to route, identify, and manage documents.
- Managed Metadata services used to create, apply, and store custom terms and build taxonomies.
- Enhanced records management features, including in-place records management and the availability of eDiscovery as a site-level feature.
- New Web content management capabilities, such as the NightAndDay.master page and enhancements to the Content By Query Web Part (CQWP).