Module 4: Accessing SharePoint 2010 data and objects with server-side APIs
- To play a video, click a video image or title and it will automatically start playing.
- To download a video, go to the
video downloads page.
Accessing SharePoint data in server-side solutions is one of the most common tasks that you will perform as a SharePoint developer. SharePoint 2010 provides powerful server-side APIs that enable you to retrieve, add, edit, and delete SharePoint data programmatically. SharePoint 2010 also includes the new LINQ to SharePoint technology that enables you to work with SharePoint data efficiently and easily.
In this module you will learn how to:
- Access SharePoint list data programmatically by using the SharePoint server-side APIs.
- Use LINQ to SharePoint to access SharePoint list data programmatically.
- Add files to SharePoint document libraries programmatically.
- Modify files in SharePoint document libraries programmatically.
- Create and work with content types programmatically.