Live Meeting Service for developers
Find information and links to resources about developing Web conferencing solutions based on the Microsoft Office Live Meeting Service API.
Why use Live Meeting APIs? | Which API should I use?
Live Meeting Service API Reference
Microsoft Office Live Meeting Service API gives you programmatic access to most of the functionality that is available through the Windows-based and Web-based Live Meeting consoles.
The documentation consists of two parts:
- A general guide to introduce new programmers to the concepts of Live Meeting and the application programming interface (API) with examples and tutorials.
- A detailed API reference, including information about publicly supported messages, constituent XML elements, error codes, and other technical information.
This API Reference is intended for engineers, developers, and programmers who will design, implement, and test software that uses the Live Meeting Service API.
Why use Live Meeting Service APIs?
Use Live Meeting APIs to:
- Integrate most Line of Business and productivity applications using standard XML and HTTP libraries
- Link to central directory services (LDAP), billing systems, eLearning systems, and other systems
- Customize user access to the service
- Customize entry pages, reports, and other features
- Control individual users' access to various functions
- Reduce the number of manual administrative activities
- Programmatically perform batch processing, automatic updating, and other activities
Which Live Meeting Service API should I use?
Use the Live Meeting Service API to programmatically manage Live Meeting:
Use the Live Meeting Service Portal API to:
- Programmatically authenticate against an on-premise Active Directory (AD) into the service
- Create or delete an AD account from the service
- Activate and deactivate users
In addition, use the Live Meeting Service API to customize business solutions built on Live Meeting technology. For example, develop single sign-on (SSO) solutions, integrate Live Meeting functionality with other applications, or create Live Meeting add-ins.