After you have designed your database, you can build the database through the interface or with the language. You might want to add existing tables to your database and then modify them to take advantage of the data dictionary features in Microsoft® Visual FoxPro®. If you are working within a project in the Project Manager, you can add the tables as you create them.
In This Section
- Creating a Database
- Details the functionality of the Microsoft® Visual FoxPro® data dictionary and explains how to create a new database and create a database with the Database Wizard.
- Building Referential Integrity
- Describes how to open and use the Referential Integrity Builder and gives background on how to create a set of rules to maintain the defined relationships between tables when adding or deleting records.
- Creating Stored Procedures
- Explains how to create, modify, or remove a stored procedure.
- Viewing and Setting Database Properties
- Explains how to view and set Version and Comment properties within a Microsoft® Visual FoxPro® database.
- Viewing and Modifying Database Architecture
- Provides descriptions of how to view a database file, a schema, and database objects, as well as explains how to validate a database and extend a .dbc file.
- Managing a Database
- Gives instructions on how to add or remove a database from a project, or delete a database altogether, as well as explains how to handle database errors and reference multiple databases.
- Working with Data
- Find out how to create effective applications with indexes, tables, and databases based on your data requirements.
- Designing Databases
- Take advantage of relational database technology in Microsoft® Visual FoxPro® with well-planned databases.
- Working with Tables
- Make sure your tables have the structure that your application requires. Data type and index choices are essential to the success of your application.
- Working with Records
- Store data in the table by adding new records. Through the interface or by using commands you can change and delete existing records.
- Importing and Exporting Data
- Information is copied between Microsoft® Visual FoxPro® and other applications by importing to and exporting from Visual FoxPro.