Sample CLIPART: Common Resources
The CLIPART directory contains sample resources that you can use to customize the appearance of your application. Among the resources included are:
- Dialog resources for the common dialogs.
- A bitmap containing a variety of toolbar buttons.
- Cursor resources for splitting, moving, resizing, and other cursor operations.
- Icon resources for books, clocks, cardfiles, disks, file cabinets, folders, mail, network connections, pencils, phones, traffic signs, and other images.
- String table resources for common status bar prompts and indicators.
These resources are located in a file called common.res. You can use these resource files as is or with your own modifications.
To copy resources from common.res to your own resource script file
- On the File menu, click Open, and then click File.
- Navigate to and open an .rc file in an existing or new project.
- Navigate to and open common.res.
- Tile the two windows, displaying each file so you can drag and drop between them. On the Window menu, click New Horizontal Tab Group or New Vertical Tab Group.
- Drag the resources you want from the common.res window to the project .rc window.
For more information about browsing and editing resources with Visual C++, see Resource Editors.