ASP.NET State Management
Application state includes any piece of information or data that affects the behavior of the application: catalogs, shopping carts, user options, lists of reviews, and hit counters are all examples. State management can be complex because a wide variety of usage patterns, data types, and access methods are available to application developers building state-based solutions.
ASP.NET provides easy-to-use application-state and session-state management facilities that are familiar to ASP developers and readily compatible with all other .NET Framework APIs.
In This Section
- Application State
- Provides an introduction to application state.
- Session State
- Provides an introduction to session state.
- Passing Server Control Values Between Pages
- Describes how to pass information between Web Forms pages.
- Creating ASP.NET Web Applications
- Provides an overview of ASP.NET applications.