Visual Database Tools
Visual Studio .NET 2003
Visual Database Tools help you create and maintain databases and manage data-driven applications.
Note Visual Database Tools work only with Microsoft SQL Server and Oracle databases. The available features depend on your version of Visual Studio. For more information, see Visual Database Tools Editions.
In This Section
- Overview of Visual Database Tools
- Provides links to topics describing what's new in Visual Database Tools and how the tools interact with your database.
- Database Development and Visual Database Tools
- Provides an overview of the tools included and how to manage large database projects.
- Database Queries and Visual Database Tools
- Explains concepts behind creating queries and views of your data in Visual Database Tools.
- Developing Database Structure
- Gives detailed steps for designing and maintaining database structure through tables, columns, keys, indexes, stored procedures, and more.
- Designing Data Retrieval and Manipulation
- Provides links to topics with details on how to design queries and views as well as how to modify data.
- Provides links to general reference topics covering queries, operators, search conditions, specific DBMS requirements, user interface reference topics, and error message topics.
- Data Design
- Provides topics that discuss the fundamental concepts of designing data storage and access for applications.
- Data Access Technologies
- Describes factors to consider when deciding between ADO.NET, ADO, and OLE DB.
- Modeling Your Application and Data
- Provides an overview of how you identify and implement the data and process requirements for your application, including an overview of what tools you can use.
- What's New in Data
- Discusses data access features that are new in Visual Studio .NET.
- Getting Started with SQL Server Books Online
- Provides links to major sections of the Microsoft SQL Server 2000 documentation.