.NET Framework 1.1
For an accelerated introduction to the .NET Framework, follow these steps in sequence:
- Read the Overview of the .NET Framework topic.
- Scan the Tutorials, beginning with the Introduction to Developing with the .NET Framework tutorial.
- Review the QuickStarts, a series of brief, illustrated samples that demonstrate key .NET Framework technologies.
- Scan the descriptions of the Samples, identify the samples that are relevant to your development needs, and install the samples from <FrameworkSDK>\Samples. Use the samples as a foundation for developing your own .NET Framework applications.
- As you begin to develop your applications, continue to use the .NET Framework documentation as a primary source of information. The documentation is compiled into an easy-to-use Help file that is displayed in the Microsoft Document Explorer viewer. The viewer includes features such as an index keyword search, a full-text search, and filtering mechanisms that enable you to customize how the information is displayed.
In This Section
- What's New in the .NET Framework Version 1.1
- Describes the new features and new documentation for version 1.1.
- Overview of the .NET Framework
- Introduces the .NET Framework architecture and its components.
- .NET Framework System Requirements
- Lists the minimum and recommended system requirements for client and server applications.
[SDKonly;;>About the .NET Framework Documentation
- Explains how to locate and filter information that is contained in the documentation.
[SDKonly;;>Product Support Options
- Provides information about product support and how to provide feedback on the .NET Framework SDK.
- Shows the typographic conventions for programming elements that are referenced in the documentation.