Visual Basic 6.0 Code Upgrade Dialog Box
The Visual Basic 6.0 Code Upgrade dialog box is used to upgrade Visual Basic 6.0 code to Visual Basic .NET. Code can be typed into the Code window or pasted from the Visual Basic 6.0 Code Editor. When you click the Upgrade button, the upgraded code is inserted into the Visual Basic .NET Code Editor at the current cursor location.
In addition, COM references required by the Visual Basic 6.0 code can be added to the References tab; these are added to the References in your Visual Basic .NET project.
To access the Visual Basic 6.0 Code Upgrade dialog box, choose Upgrade Visual Basic 6 Code from the Tools menu.
Note The Upgrade Visual Basic 6 Code command is only available when working in the Code Editor.
- Visual Basic 6.0 code can be typed into the code window or pasted from the Visual Basic 6.0 Code Editor. Code is retained between uses so that you can further modify the code if necessary.
- Displays COM references required by Visual Basic 6.0 code that you have added.
- Reference Name
- Displays the friendly name of the COM component. Only references that are checked will be added to the Visual Basic .NET project.
- Displays the version number (major and minor) of the COM component.
- Displays the file path and filename for the COM component.
- Add References
- Displays the Add Reference dialog box that contains a list of available COM components.
- Upgrades any code entered into the Code window and inserts it in the Visual Basic .NET Code Editor; also adds any checked references in the References list to the Visual Basic .NET project.