Debug Interface Access SDK
The Microsoft Debug Interface Access Software Development Kit (DIA SDK) provides access to debug information stored in program database (.pdb) files generated by Microsoft post-compiler tools. Because the format of the .pdb file generated by the post-compiler tools undergoes constant revision, exposing the format is impractical. Using the DIA API, you can develop applications that search for and browse debug information stored in a .pdb file. Such applications could, for example, report stack trace-back information and analyze performance data.
In the DIA SDK Documentation
- Getting Started
- Gives an overview of the DIA SDK features and how to install the DIA SDK files.
- Querying the .pdb File
- Provides instructions on how to use the DIA API to query the .pdb file.
- Symbols and Symbol Tags
- Discusses how symbols and symbol tags are used in the DIA API.
- API Reference
- Contains the interfaces, methods, enumerations, and structures of the DIA API.
- Dia2dump Sample
- Illustrates how to use the DIA API to search for and browse debug information.