Literal Web Server Control
The Literal control renders static text into a Web page without adding any HTML elements. You can manipulate the text programmatically with server code.
Note If you want to display static text, you can present it using HTML; you do not need a Literal control. Use a Literal control only if you need to change the contents in server code.
The following topics provide information that you will find useful in learning to work with the Literal Web server control.
In This Section
- Introduction to the Literal Web Server Control
- Provides background information on the Literal control.
- Adding Literal Web Server Controls to a Web Forms Page
- Gives directions for placing a Literal control on a page.
- Setting Web Server Control Properties Programmatically
- Gives directions for specifying Web server control properties in code.
- Customizing the Appearance of ASP.NET Server Controls Using Styles
- Gives directions for applying styles to change how controls are displayed.
- Web Forms Data Binding
- Provides basic conceptual information about binding data to Web Forms.