Deploying Applications and Components
Deployment is the process by which you distribute a finished application or component to be installed on other computers. In Visual Studio .NET, deployment is based on Microsoft Windows Installer technology.
Tools are provided to create installers for Windows-based or Web-based applications and components, and to create .cab files for download.
The following topics will help you learn more about deployment.
In This Section
- What's New in Deployment
- Describes deployment changes in Visual Studio .NET from the traditional deployment model in Visual Studio 6.0.
- Methods of Deployment
- Provides links to topics on various deployment methods.
- Deployment Concepts
- Provides links to topics covering concepts related to deployment.
- Deploying Applications
- Provides links to topics describing various deployment tasks.
- Deployment Walkthroughs
- Lists topics that provide step-by-step examples of some common deployment scenarios.
- Developing with Visual Studio .NET
- Explains the steps involved in developing an application.
- Managing Solutions, Projects, and Files
- Gives information about working with projects and solutions, including deployment projects.
- Decision Chart
- Provides a graphical, linked guide to decisions about designing your application.