Developing Mobile Applications with Windows Azure
Mobile applications are more powerful, more connected, and more interactive when paired with services running in the cloud. Those services need to be responsive to a global audience, and they need to be scalable. Windows Azure provides a flexible platform so you can focus on building a great app!Beyond providing the raw computation and storage needed for a web service, Windows Azure can help with a number of other development tasks. Access Control helps to authenticate users with their preferred credentials, including Facebook, Open ID, and Windows Live ID. Windows Azure queues and workers can help you manage sending push notifications to devices. Content Delivery Network and Traffic Manager can increase the responsiveness of your app for a global audience. With Windows Azure, you can start small and scale up and down based on demand.
In This Section
- Using Windows Phone with Windows Azure
- Describes how to use Windows Phone with Windows Azure.
- Data Synchronization between Windows Azure and Mobile Clients
- Provides guidance on design choices that effect the synchronizing of data on mobile devices with data stored on Azure technologies.
- Securing Windows Azure Applications for Mobile Devices
- Describes the security issues involved with building smartphone or device applications in general, what security approaches are available when a mobile device application collaborates with services hosted on Windows Azure, and high-level discussions of approaches to security on Windows Phone as well as other devices.
- Using iOS Devices with Windows Azure
- Describes how to create iOS applications that connect with and use Windows Azure services.
- Using Android Devices with Windows Azure
- Describes how to create Android applications that connect with and use Windows Azure services.