SetUsage method of the MSFT_StoragePool class
Sets or changes the intended usage for the storage pool object.
UInt32 SetUsage( [in] UInt16 Usage, [in] String OtherUsageDescription, [out] String ExtendedStatus );
- Usage [in]
The new usage for the storage pool. This parameter is required and cannot be NULL.
- OtherUsageDescription [in]
If Usage is set to Other, this parameter is the string representation of a vendor defined usage for this storage pool. This parameter must not be set if Usage is not Other.
- ExtendedStatus [out]
A string that contains an embedded MSFT_StorageExtendedStatus object.
This parameter allows the storage provider to return extended (implementation-specific) error information.
- Success (0)
- Not Supported (1)
- Unspecified Error (2)
- Timeout (3)
- Failed (4)
- Invalid Parameter (5)
- Access denied (40001)
- There are not enough resources to complete the operation. (40002)
- Cannot connect to the storage provider. (46000)
- The storage provider cannot connect to the storage subsystem. (46001)
- This operation is not supported on primordial storage pools. (48000)
- The storage pool could not complete the operation because its health or operational status does not permit it. (48006)
- The storage pool could not complete the operation because its configuration is read-only. (48007)
Not all storage pools may allow this method. Those that do not will cause this method to return Not Supported.
Minimum supported client
|Windows 8 [desktop apps only]|
Minimum supported server
|Windows Server 2012 [desktop apps only]|