User-Mode Driver Framework (UMDF)
User-Mode Driver Framework (UMDF) is a library that you can use to develop user-mode drivers that support the Microsoft Windows Driver Model (WDM). UMDF provides common driver functionality, which enables you to write a driver with significantly less code than in WDM. A UMDF driver supports events to which its device must respond and features that are unique to its device.
You can redistribute the framework libraries with your driver to ensure that target machines have the correct framework version to run your driver. To obtain these components, you must download Windows Driver Kit (WDK) 8 and then download Windows Driver Frameworks (WDF) in a separate package.
- User-Mode Driver Framework
- Getting Started with UMDF
- Installing UMDF Drivers
- Debugging UMDF Drivers
- UMDF Version History
- Architecture of the User-Mode Driver Framework
- COM QuickStart for UMDF Developers
- Debugging User-Mode Driver Framework Drivers Training Sessions
- Writing USB Drivers with WDF
Developing Drivers with Windows Driver Foundation by Orwick and Smith
This comprehensive guide is available from Microsoft Press.
- Support for Developer Kits and Tools