Introduction to NDIS 6.20
This section introduces Network Driver Interface Specification (NDIS) 6.20 and describes its major design additions. NDIS 6.20 is included in Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 and later.
You should be familiar with NDIS 6.0 and NDIS 6.1 before learning about NDIS 6.20:
For more information about NDIS 6.0, see Introduction to NDIS 6.0.
For more information about NDIS 6.1, see Introduction to NDIS 6.1.
For a description of the differences between NDIS 6.20 and earlier versions, and for detailed information about porting drivers to NDIS 6.20, see Porting NDIS 6.x Drivers to NDIS 6.20.
This section includes the following topics:
- Power Management Enhancements in NDIS 6.20
- Virtual Machine Queue (VMQ) in NDIS 6.20
- Support for More than 64 Processors in NDIS 6.20
- Receive Side Throttle in NDIS 6.20
- Media Extensibility in NDIS 6.20
- Implementing an NDIS 6.20 Driver
- Using NDIS 6.20 Data Structures
- Compiling an NDIS 6.20 Driver
Build date: 12/9/2013