Digital Signatures for Kernel Modules on Windows
This paper describes how to manage the signing process for kernel-mode software for Windows Vista.
File name: kmsigning.doc
Microsoft Word file
For Windows Vista and later versions of the Windows family of operating systems:
- Kernel-mode software must have a digital signature to load on x64-based computer systems.
- Boot-start drivers should contain an embedded signature.
- Certain configurations of x86 systems require kernel-mode software to have digital signatures in order to access next generation premium content depending on content protection policy.
- The Kernel Mode Code Signing Process
- How to Disable Signature Enforcement during Development
- How to Use Test Signing