This topic describes common indicator step procedures and examples.
The following steps test whether the touch keyboard opens automatically (as opposed to the user opening it from the Taskbar). Apply the following steps each time the test instructs you to “Perform touch keyboard deployment steps”.
- Press the Windows button to navigate to Start.
- Slide to bring up the Charms menu and select Search.
- Tap into the edit field.
Convert to slate (or laptop) as indicated by the test.
If the system can convert to the slate mode by using more than one method, please repeat the test steps for each method.
Various form factors allow for different methods of conversion, such as the following:
- Attach or detach keyboard
- Flip the screen
- Swivel the screen
- Slide the screen to cover or uncover the keyboard
Figure 1 Keyboard Attach and Detach Conversion
Figure 2 Screen Swivel Conversion
- Keyboard detached
- Keyboard present but not accessible for typing comfortably
- Keyboard flapped underneath
- Slide underneath
Keyboard is present and accessible for typing comfortably.
It is important to perform end-to-end indicator testing for convertibles to expose any potential issues in the following areas:
- Various timings when converting the system from one mode to another mode.
- Mechanical specifics of the convertible.