Guidelines for picture and video import in Windows 7
Updated: July 9, 2009
This topic provides information about the picture and video import feature in Windows 7. This topic provides guidelines for original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) to develop camera-equipped portable devices that are compatible with and optimized for this feature.
This information applies to the following operating system:
- Windows 7
The Windows 7 operating system provides basic features to import pictures and videos from various kinds of camera-equipped portable devices through AutoPlay or Device Stage™.
The picture and video import feature of Windows 7 supports media synchronization detection and new video formats.
This topic describes the device requirements are necessary for correct operation of picture and video import in Windows 7.
This topic describes device recommendations to improve the performance and user experience with the import of pictures and videos in Windows 7.
This topic describes the types of devices that are supported in Windows 7 for the picture and video import feature. In addition, this topic discusses device requirements and recommended features for optimal performance during the import of pictures and video from the device.
- WPD Object Properties
- Windows Portable Devices
- MTP Device Services for Windows
- Windows 7 Portable Device Enabling Kit for MTP, Version 7R2
- Windows hardware certification
- Exchangeable Image File Format for Digital Still Cameras: EXIF Version 2.2
- ISO 15740:2008 - Picture transfer protocol (PTP) for digital still photography devices
- Media Transfer Protocol (MTP) Specification