UI Accessibility Checker
The UI Accessibility Checker (AccChecker) tool verifies that key UI accessibility requirements are met in the design and implementation of UI Automation (UIA) or Microsoft Active Accessibility (MSAA) regardless of the underlying UI framework. AccChecker also includes a set of web accessibility verifications.
AccChecker provides the following levels of functionality:
- A Windows GUI application that supports manual testing, message logging, and suppression generation.
- An API for use in automated testing frameworks.
- A console application that supports unmanaged test automations for scenarios where the AccChecker managed API can't be used.
All levels of AccChecker functionality provide routines for verifying Microsoft Active Accessibility programmatic access, programmatic event generation, control layout, and keyboard navigation. AccChecker also provides a basic screen reader transcription service.
AccChecker is installed with the Windows Software Development Kit (SDK) for Windows 8. It is located in the \bin\<platform>\AccChecker folder of the SDK installation path.
- Testing with AccChecker
- The AccChecker Graphical User Interface
- The AccChecker Console
- The AccChecker API
- Verification Routines
- Custom Verification Routines
- Verification Log Messages
.NET Framework 2.0 or later
Build date: 5/16/2013