SetUsage method of the MSFT_PhysicalDisk class
Set or changes the intended usage for the physical disk within a concrete pool.
Storage pools are required to follow the assigned policy for a physical disk.
- Usage [in]
The intended usage for the physical disk. This parameter is required and cannot be NULL.
- Data Store
This physical disk should only be used for data storage.
This physical disk should only be used if manually selected by an administrator at the time of virtual disk creation. A manual-select disk is selected using the PhysicalDisksToUse parameter of the CreateVirtualDisk method.
- Hot Spare
This physical disk should be used as a hot spare.
This physical disk should be retired from use. At a minimum, no new allocations should go to this disk. If the virtual disks that reside on this disk are repaired, the data should be moved to another active physical disk.
- ExtendedStatus [out]
A string that contains an embedded MSFT_StorageExtendedStatus object.
This parameter allows the storage provider to return extended (implementation-specific) error information.
- Success (0)
- Not Supported (1)
- Unspecified Error (2)
- Timeout (3)
- Failed (4)
- Invalid Parameter (5)
- Access denied (40001)
- There are not enough resources to complete the operation. (40002)
- Cannot connect to the storage provider. (46000)
- The storage provider cannot connect to the storage subsystem. (46001)
- The storage pool could not complete the operation because its health or operational status does not permit it. (48006)
- The storage pool could not complete the operation because its configuration is read-only. (48007)
Minimum supported client
|Windows 8 [desktop apps only]|
Minimum supported server
|Windows Server 2012 [desktop apps only]|