Updated: October 20, 2013
Applies To: Windows 8, Windows 8.1
This action collates and summarizes events that are relevant to boot when you use the On/Off Trace Capture tool.
bootprefetch [-summary | -events [-pattern [-type name]] [-range T1 T2] | disktime]
- Shows the output in XML format. This currently works only with -summary.
- Shows the summary of boot prefetching.
- Dumps ReadyBoot events with earliness information.
- Used only in conjunction with -events. When dumping events, also dumps overlapping events.
- -type name
- Used only in conjunction with -pattern. Dumps only the specified type of events when dumping events in pattern view. name is one of the following values: "hit", "prefetch", "miss", "pend", or "write".
- -range T1 T2
- Used only in conjunction with -events. Process ReadyBoot events completed between times T1 and T2.
- Shows the disk time breakdown during boot prefetching.
If no report type is selected, the default is to show the summary.