Allocates video samples that contain Microsoft Direct3D 11 texture surfaces.
The IMFVideoSampleAllocatorEx interface inherits from IMFVideoSampleAllocator. IMFVideoSampleAllocatorEx also has these types of members:
The IMFVideoSampleAllocatorEx interface has these methods.
Initializes the video sample allocator object.
You can use this interface to allocateDirect3D 11 video samples, rather than allocate the texture surfaces and media samples directly. To get a pointer to this interface, call the MFCreateVideoSampleAllocatorEx function.
To allocate video samples, perform the following steps:
- Obtain a pointer to the IMFDXGIDeviceManager interface. For a Media Foundation transform (MFT), this step occurs during the MFT_MESSAGE_SET_D3D_MANAGER event.
- Call MFCreateVideoSampleAllocatorEx to create the allocator object and get a pointer to the IMFVideoSampleAllocatorEx interface.
- Call IMFVideoSampleAllocator::SetDirectXManager on the allocator to set the IMFDXGIDeviceManager pointer on the allocator.
- Call MFCreateAttributes to get a pointer to the IMFAttributes interface.
- Set the MF_SA_D3D11_USAGE and MF_SA_D3D11_BINDFLAGS attributes.
- Call IMFVideoSampleAllocator::InitializeSampleAllocatorEx.
Minimum supported client
|Windows 8 [desktop apps | Windows Store apps]|
Minimum supported server
|Windows Server 2012 [desktop apps | Windows Store apps]|