Enables advanced video processing by the Source Reader.
BOOL stored as UINT32
If this attribute is TRUE, the Source Reader can insert a video processor into the processing pipeline, which enables the following types of format conversion:
- Color space conversion (YUV to RGB-32)
- Video resizing
- Frame-rate conversion
If this attribute is TRUE, the MF_READWRITE_DISABLE_CONVERTERS attribute must be FALSE.
The Source Reader looks for video processors that are registered in the MFT_CATEGORY_VIDEO_PROCESSOR category, including MFTs that are registered for the local process. (See MFTRegisterLocal for more information about local registration of MFTs.) The Source Reader uses the Transcode Video Processor (XVP) if no other suitable video processor is found.
The application specifies the desired output type by calling IMFSourceReader::SetCurrentMediaType. When the Source Reader configures the video processor, it attempts to match the following attributes of the output type:
- Frame rate (MF_MT_FRAME_RATE)
- Frame size (MF_MT_FRAME_SIZE)
- Interlace mode (MF_MT_INTERLACE_MODE)
- Pixel aspect ratio (MF_MT_PIXEL_ASPECT_RATIO)
- Subtype (MF_MT_SUBTYPE)
This attribute is similar to the MF_SOURCE_READER_ENABLE_VIDEO_PROCESSING attribute, but offers the following advantages:
- A greater range of format conversions is supported.
- Applications can register their own converters.
- Some conversions can be performed in hardware using the GPU.
Minimum supported client
|Windows 8 [desktop apps | Windows Store apps]|
Minimum supported server
|Windows Server 2012 [desktop apps | Windows Store apps]|
Build date: 11/28/2012