File Operation Progress Sink
This topic contains the following sections.
|Product||Minimum Product Version|
|Windows Software Development Kit (SDK)||6.1|
This sample is available in the following locations.
|Code Gallery||Windows Shell Application Samples on Code Gallery|
|Windows 7 SDK||Download Windows 7 SDK|
In the case of the Windows SDK, once you have downloaded and installed it, you will find the samples in the installed directory. For example, use of the default installation path for the Windows 7 SDK results in the samples being placed under
C:\Program Files\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v7.0\Samples\.
To build the sample from the command prompt window:
- Open the command prompt window and navigate to the FileOperationProgressSink project directory.
To build the sample using Microsoft Visual Studio (preferred):
- Open Windows Explorer and navigate to the FilesInUse project directory. For example, the full default installation path is
C:\Program Files\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v7.0\Samples\WinUI\Shell\AppPlatform\FileOperationProgressSinkSample.
- Double-click the icon for the FileOperationProgressSinkSample.sln file to open the project in Visual Studio.
Note The .sln file name extension is not shown under default folder settings. In that situation, it can be identified by its unique icon or by its type description, "Microsoft Visual Studio Solution".
- From the Build menu, select Build Solution.
- Navigate to the directory that contains the new executable, using the command prompt window or Windows Explorer.
- At the command prompt, enter
FileOperationProgressSinkSample.exe, or from Windows Explorer, double-click the icon for FileOperationProgressSinkSample.exe.