Updates to the DSP Plug-in Wizard for Windows Media Player 11
The Windows Media Player 11 SDK introduces the following changes to the DSP plug-in wizard:
- Plug-ins register the threading model as "Both". This enables the plug-in to run in the Media Foundation pipeline on Windows Vista. See the projectname.rgs file.
- Audio DSP plug-ins have support for the following two additional formats:
- WAVE_FORMAT_EXTENSIBLE with subformat KSDATAFORMAT_SUBTYPE_IEEE_FLOAT.
See the projectname.cpp file.
- Video DSP plug-ins have support for the NV12 video format.
- Plug-ins make additional calls to IWMPMediaPluginRegistrar::WMPRegisterPlayerPlugin and IWMPMediaPluginRegistrar::WMPUnRegisterPlayerPlugin with a new plug-in type: WMP_PLUGINTYPE_DSP_OUTOFPROC. See the project's projectnamedll.cpp file.
- An additional project in each solution creates a proxy/stub DLL for the property page settings custom interface. See the projectnamePS project.
- Calls to deprecated methods have been changed to use the newest versions.
- The wizard can generate a dual-mode plug-in that functions both as a DMO, by implementing IMediaObject, and as an MFT, by implementing IMFTransform.