Creating ASF Files in DirectShow
This section describes how to use the DirectShow WM ASF Writer filter to create files in Advanced Systems Format (ASF). ASF is a container format that can contain any type of compressed or uncompressed data. Windows Media Format files are ASF files that use certain codecs as specified in the Windows Media Format Software Development Kit (SDK). These files use the extensions ".wma" for Windows Media Audio files and ".wmv" for Windows Media Video files.
This topic contains the following sections:
- The DirectShow SDK and the Windows Media Format SDK
- Configuring the ASF Writer
- Building Filter Graphs to Write ASF Files
- Configuring Profiles and Other ASF File Properties
- Unlocking the Windows Media Format SDK