The Sensor Object
The sensor object represents a particular sensor.
The Sensor API represents each sensor as a sensor object. You can work with a particular sensor object through its ISensor interface. This interface enables you to:
- Retrieve metadata about the sensor, such as its ID, type, or friendly name.
- Retrieve information about the specific data the sensor can provide.
- Retrieve the data, synchronously.
- Retrieve state information, such as whether the sensor is ready.
- Specify which events your program will receive.
- Specify the callback interface that the Sensor API can use to provide your program with event notifications.