def - vs
Defines vertex shader constants.
|def dst, float1, float2, float3, float4|
- dst is the destination register.
- float1, float2, float3, float4 are four floating point numbers.
|Vertex shader versions||1_1||2_0||2_x||2_sw||3_0||3_sw|
The def instruction defines a shader constant whose value is loaded anytime a shader is set to a device. These are called immediate constants. Immediate constants take precedence over constants set by API methods SetVertexShaderConstantF.
There are two ways to set a constant in a shader.
- Use def - vs to define the constant directly inside a shader.
def - vs can only define floating-point constants.
- Use the API methods to set a constant.
- Use SetVertexShaderConstantF to set a floating-point constant.