TileUpdater.EnableNotificationQueue | enableNotificationQueue method
Enables the tile to queue up to five notifications.
True to enable queuing; otherwise false.
When queuing is enabled, a maximum of five tile notifications can automatically cycle on the tile. Be careful about enabling cycling unless your app explicitly wants to use it, otherwise you can potentially have outdated notifications cycling through. Generally, the queue is FIFO (first in, first out), so that when it is full and a new notification arrives, the oldest notification is removed. However, notifications can be given a Tag, which allows a new notification with that same Tag to replace its older notification in the queue, regardless of its position.
When your tile is based on a peek template, notification cycling is timed so that the full content is always shown before the tile cycles to the next notification.
The following line of code enables the notification queue for the calling app's tile.
Minimum supported client
Minimum supported server
|Windows Server 2012|
- How to use the notification queue with local notifications
- App tiles and badges sample
- Quickstart: Sending a tile update
- Tile and tile notification overview
- The tile template catalog
- Guidelines and checklist for tiles
- How to schedule a tile notification
- How to set up periodic notifications for tiles
- Tiles XML schema
Build date: 12/4/2012