Provides access to the results of a query that lists the folder (or file groups) in the folder being queried (which is represented by a storageFolder). You can use a storageFolderQueryResult to enumerate folders or file groups in that folder.
Public NotInheritable Class StorageFolderQueryResult Implements IStorageQueryResultBase
The StorageFolderQueryResult class has these types of members:
The StorageFolderQueryResult class has these events.
The StorageFolderQueryResult class has these methods. With C#, Visual Basic, and C++, it also inherits methods from the Object class.
The StorageFolderQueryResult class has these properties.
Note Although it's not attributed with
marshalling_behavior(agile), this class can be treated as agile. For more info, see Threading and Marshaling (C++/CX).
- storageFolder.createFolderQuery methods
- storageFolder.createFolderQueryWithOptions method
- folderInformation.createFolderQuery methods
- folderInformation.createFolderQueryWithOptions method
For more code examples that show you how to use storageFolderQueryResult objects, see the Folder enumeration sample.
To get a StorageFolderQueryResult object to enumerate the folders or file groups in a location, you must get a storageFolder that represents the location and then create a folder query
This example demonstrates how to get a list folders (or file groups) from a storageFolderQueryResult object.
queryResult variable gets the storageFolderQueryResult that is used to retrieve file groups (or folders) that meet the criteria of the query.
Note You need the Pictures library capability to access the library using KnownFolders.PicturesLibrary. To learn more about capabilities and file access, see File access and permissions in file picker.
Minimum supported client
|Windows 8 [Windows Store apps only]|
Minimum supported server
|Windows Server 2012 [Windows Store apps only]|
Minimum supported phone
- Windows.Storage.storageFolder.createFolderQuery methods
- Windows.Storage.storageFolder.createFolderQueryWithOptions method
- Windows.Storage.BulkAccess.folderInformation.createFolderQuery methods
- Windows.Storage.BulkAccess.folderInformation.createFolderQueryWithOptions method