Represents a delivery vehicle and addressing mechanism for push notifications. The channel Uniform Resource Identifier (URI) represented by this interface is used by a third-party application server to communicate with the Windows Push Notification Services (WNS). The push notification channel is used by the client to intercept notifications.
The PushNotificationChannel class has these types of members:
The PushNotificationChannel class has these events.
|PushNotificationReceived||Fires when a push notification has arrived on this channel.|
The PushNotificationChannel class has these methods. With C#, Visual Basic, and C++, it also inherits methods from the Object class.
|Close||Explicitly invalidates this channel. Any notifications pushed to this channel after this method is called are not delivered.|
The PushNotificationChannel class has these properties.
|Read-only||Gets the time at which the channel expires. Notifications sent to this channel after this time are rejected.|
|Read-only||Gets the Uniform Resource Identifier (URI) to which an app server sends a push notification intended for an application or secondary tile bound to this channel. This Uniform Resource Identifier (URI) is transmitted to and stored by the third-party app server.|
This object is returned through an instance of the IAsyncOperation interface which is returned through the CreatePushNotificationChannelForApplicationAsync method. When the asynchronous operation completes successfully, it returns the PushNotificationChannel object through a then or done method.
Minimum supported client
|Windows 8 [Windows Store apps only]|
Minimum supported server
|Windows Server 2012 [Windows Store apps only]|
- Push notification overview
- Push and periodic notifications sample
- Quickstart: Sending a tile push notification
- Quickstart: Sending a toast push notification
- How to update a badge through push notifications
- How to authenticate with the Windows Push Notification Service (WNS)
- How to request, create, and save a notification channel
- Guidelines and checklist for push notifications
- Push notification service request and response headers