BadgeUpdater.StartPeriodicUpdate(Uri, PeriodicUpdateRecurrence) | startPeriodicUpdate(Uri, PeriodicUpdateRecurrence) method
Begins a series of timed updates for the badge from a web resource that the updater is bound to, beginning immediately. Note that only web resources (http/https) are allowed in a periodic update.
The URI from which the XML content of the badge update will be retrieved.
The frequency with which the URI is polled for new badge content.
Minimum supported client
Minimum supported server
|Windows Server 2012|
- StartPeriodicUpdate(Uri, DateTime, PeriodicUpdateRecurrence)
- App tiles and badges sample
- Guidelines and checklist for tiles and badges
- How to clear a badge
- How to send a glyph or numeric badge in a local notification
- How to set up periodic notifications for badges
- How to update a badge through push notifications
- Badge XML schema
- Badge overview