Providing info to certification testers
As you submit your app, you have the option to use the Notes to Testers step to provide additional info to the certification testers. This info can help ensure that your app is tested correctly.
Make sure to include the following (if applicable for your app):
- User names and passwords for test accounts
If your app requires users to log in to a service, provide the user name and password for a test account. The certification testers will use this account when reviewing your app.
- Steps to access hidden or locked features
If your app has features that might not be obvious to the testers, briefly describe how they can access those features. Apps that appear to be incomplete will fail certification.
- Information about what's changed in an app update
For updates to previously published apps, you'll want to let the testers know what has changed. If your packages are the same, and you're just making changes to your app listing (such as adding more screenshots, changing your app's category, or editing the description), be sure to note that. This should help your app update get through the submission process faster.
When considering what to write, remember:
- A real person will read these notes. Testers will appreciate a polite note and clear, helpful instructions.
- Be succinct and keep instructions simple. If you really need to explain more, you can include a link to a page with more info. Keep in mind that customers of your app won't be seeing these notes. If you need to provide complicated instructions for testing your app, consider whether your app might need to be made simpler so that customers know how to use it.
- Services and external components must be online and available. If your app connects to a service for part of its function, make sure that the service will be online and available. Include any information about the service that testers will need. If your app can't connect to a service it needs during testing, it will fail certification.