The Windows Store app for banking is modeled on existing web apps for banking that provide certificate-based authentication. You store username and password credentials securely in your Windows Store app by using the PasswordVault. Your Windows Store app can submit a certificate request to a certification authority running Microsoft certificate services, and you can use CertificateEnrollmentManager to install the issued certificate.
This topic contains these sections:
|Programming models||Windows Runtime|
|Minimum supported client||Windows 8|
|Minimum supported server||Windows Server 2012|
|Minimum required SDK||Windows 8|
Building the sample
Building the sample using the command prompt
- Open the Command Prompt window and navigate to the sample directory.
- Type msbuild TailoredBankingApplication.sln.
Building the sample using Visual Studio (preferred method)
- Open Windows Explorer and navigate to the sample directory.
- To open the file in Visual Studio, double-click the icon for the solution file, TailoredBankingApplication.sln.
- Press F7. The app is built in the default \Debug or \Release directory.
Running the sample
- After building the sample, navigate to the \Debug or \Release directory (depending on the type of build you performed).
- Double-click the icon for the executable file, TailoredBankingApplication.sln.
Build date: 6/11/2013