SelectionItem Control Pattern
Describes guidelines and conventions for implementing ISelectionItemProvider, including information about properties, methods, and events. The SelectionItem control pattern is used to support controls that act as individual, selectable child items of container controls that implement ISelectionProvider.
For examples of controls that implement this control pattern, see Control Types and Their Supported Control Patterns.
This topic contains the following sections.
- Implementation Guidelines and Conventions
- Required Members for ISelectionItemProvider
- Related topics
When implementing the SelectionItem control pattern, note the following guidelines and conventions:
- Single-selection controls that manage child controls that implement IRawElementProviderFragmentRoot, such as the Screen Resolution slider in the Display Properties dialog for Windows, should implement ISelectionProvider; their children should implement both IRawElementProviderFragment and ISelectionItemProvider.
The following properties, methods, and events are required for implementing the ISelectionItemProvider interface.
|Required members||Member type||Notes|
If the result of a Select, an AddToSelection, or a RemoveFromSelection is a single selected item, an ElementSelected event (UIA_SelectionItem_ElementSelectedEventId) should be raised; otherwise raise ElementAddedToSelection (UIA_SelectionItem_ElementAddedToSelectionEventId) or ElementRemovedFromSelection (UIA_SelectionItem_ElementRemovedFromSelectionEventId) events as appropriate.
- Control Types and Their Supported Control Patterns
- UI Automation Control Patterns Overview
- UI Automation Tree Overview