Managing contact cards (HTML)
Through the Windows.ApplicationModel.Contacts.ContactManager class, you have several options for showing a contact card. Here, we'll show you how to display a contact card by using initial data in the Contact object and also by using a ContactCardDelayedDataLoader object to update the contact card in a delayed fashion. Displaying contact cards is supported starting with Windows 8.1.
Objective: Learn how to show contact data in a contact card.
- We recommend that you be familiar with Microsoft Visual Studio and its associated templates.
Total time to complete: 30 minutes.
We show you how to:
- Create a contact and apply data to it.
- Show the contact data in a contact card.
- Update the contact card with more contact data.
- Use the contact card to perform operations, such as, adding the contact to the People app, getting details about the contact if it's already in the People app, or calling a phone number that is associated with the contact.
Next, we'll create a contact, apply data to it, and then display that data in a contact card.