The IFilterSample code sample demonstrates how to create an IFilter base class for implementing the IFilter interface.
This topic contains the following sections.
|Product||Minimum Product Version|
|Windows||Windows Vista, or Windows XP and Microsoft Windows Desktop Search (WDS) 3.x or greater|
This sample is available in the following locations.
|Windows 7 SDK||Download Windows 7 SDK|
Note After you have downloaded and installed the Windows Software Development Kit (SDK), you will find the samples in the installed directory. For example, use of the default installation path for the Windows 7 software development kit (SDK) results in the samples being placed under
C:\Program Files\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v7.0\Samples.
To build the sample from the Command Prompt window:
- Open the Command Prompt window and navigate to the FilterBase project directory. For example, the full default installation path is
C:\Program Files\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v7.0\Samples\WinUI\WindowsSearch\IFilterSample.
To build the sample using Microsoft Visual Studio (preferred):
- Open Windows Explorer and navigate to the FilterBase project directory.
- Double-click the icon for the FilterBase.sln file to open the project in Visual Studio.
Note The .sln file name extension is not shown under default folder settings. In that situation, it can be identified by its unique icon or by its type description, "Microsoft Visual Studio Solution".
- From the Build menu, select Build Solution.
- Navigate to the directory that contains the new executable, using the Command Prompt window or Windows Explorer.
- At the command prompt, enter
FilterBase.exe, or from Windows Explorer, double-click the icon for FilterBase.exe.