Selecting a Remote Machine
Visual Studio .NET 2003
To select a remote machine
- In the Processes dialog box, select the machine you want to connect to from the Name list. If you do not find the machine you want on the list, you can type the name in, or:
- Check the Transport box and make sure you have the proper transport selected. Default is the correct setting for most programs. Select Native-only Pipe if you are debugging a native program and you cannot use DCOM for some reason. Select Native-only TCP/IP if you need better performance than Native-only Pipe provides. TCP/IP is less secure than Native-only Pipe.
- Click the ellipsis () button next to the Name list.
- In the Browse for Computer dialog box, use the tree control to locate the computer you want on the selected transport.
- Click OK.
- The computer you selected in the Browse for Computer dialog box should now appear in the Machine list. Makes sure it is selected.
- Click OK.
Note This procedure assumes mdm.exe is installed and running on the remote machine. If mdm.exe is not installed on the remote machine, you need to install and start it first.