Enabling or Disabling a Breakpoint in the Disassembly Window
In the Disassembly window, you can view file, function, or address breakpoints as symbols in the left margin. You can enable or disable these breakpoints using the procedures given below. You cannot view data breakpoints in the Disassembly window, so you cannot enable or disable data breakpoints from the Disassembly window. To enable or disable a data breakpoint, use the Breakpoints window.
When you set a breakpoint, it is enabled by default. The breakpoint remains enabled until you disable it.
To disable a file, function, or address breakpoint
- Right-click the line containing an enabled breakpoint symbol (a solid dot).
- From the shortcut menu, choose Disable Breakpoint.
The breakpoint symbol becomes an empty circle.
Once you have disabled a breakpoint, you can re-enable it by similar procedure:
To enable a file, function, or address breakpoint
- Right-click the line containing an enabled breakpoint symbol (AN empty circle).
- From the shortcut menu, choose Enable Breakpoint.
- The breakpoint symbol becomes a solid dot.