Deployment Walkthrough List
The following pages provide step-by-step examples of common deployment scenarios.
In This Section
- Deploying a Windows Application
Guides you through deploying an application to another computer.
- Installing Shared Components Using Merge Modules
Guides you through packaging a component in a merge module and then including the merge module in an installer.
- Creating a Custom Action
Guides you through creating a custom action to send a user to a Web site following installation.
- Using a Custom Action to Display a Message at Installation
Guides you through creating a custom action to pass data entered during installation to a custom action that modifies a configuration file.
- Using a Custom Action to Pre-Compile an Assembly at Installation
Guides you through creating a custom action to pre-compile an assembly after installation.
- Using a Custom Action to Create a Database at Installation
Guides you through creating a custom action to create a database during installation.
- Redirecting an Application to Target a Different XML Web Service at Installation
Demonstrates how to create a Web application that can be redirected to target a different XML Web service by using the URL Behavior property, an Installer class, and a Web Setup project.
- Deploying a ClickOnce Application Manually
Explains how to use .NET Framework utilities to deploy your ClickOnce application.
- Downloading Assemblies on Demand with the ClickOnce Deployment API
Demonstrates how to mark certain assemblies in your application as "optional," and how to download them using classes in thenamespace
- Downloading Assemblies On Demand with the ClickOnce Deployment API Using the Designer
Explains how to download application assemblies only when they are first used by the application.