.NET Framework 1.1
The .NET Framework provides an extensive set of routines that enable you to efficiently create, compare, and modify strings as well as rapidly parse large amounts of text and data to search for, remove, and replace text patterns.
In This Section
- .NET Framework Regular Expressions
- Provides a brief introduction to .NET regular expressions.
- Basic String Operations
- Describes the basic string operations provided by the .NET Framework.
- Converting Types
- Explains the techniques and rules used to convert types using the .NET Framework.
- Formatting Types
- Provides how to use the base class library to implement formatting, how to format numeric types, how to format string types, and how to format for a specific culture.
- Parsing Strings
- Describes how to initialize objects to the values described by string representations of those objects. Parsing is the inverse operation of formatting.