Referencing Namespaces and Components
Project references are used to access the properties, methods, and events of a defined object and apply them to your programming. The following topics contain an overview of references in Visual Basic and Visual C# and give instructions on how to add, remove, and manage existing references.
In This Section
- Project References
- Describes the basic concepts of project references.
- Adding and Removing References
- Explains how to add and remove references to assemblies, components, and other projects in the same solution.
- Troubleshooting Broken References
- Describes the main causes of broken references and ways to fix them.
- Managing Project Web References
- Describes the procedure used to rename or update a project Web reference.
- Adding and Removing Web References
- Describes how to add a Web reference using the Project menu or Server Explorer.
- Introduction to the .NET Framework Class Library in Visual Studio
- Describes the .NET class library.